Class 68 is all about your baking skill as everyone starts from the same ingredients and recipe.
- 5oz Margarine
- 5oz Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs, standard, beaten
- 12oz mixed Fruit
- 8oz Self-raising Flour & 1 level tsp mixed spice, sieved together
- ¼ pt milk minus 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 300 oF / 150 oC / Gas 2
Prepare a deep 7in tin by lining with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients together in mixing bowl, beat with wooden spoon until well mixed (2 – 3 minutes)
- Place in prepared tin, smooth top with back of wet spoon.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 1¾ – 2½ hours.
- Test before removing from the oven with a warm skewer in middle of cake. If cake is done skewer will come out clean.
- Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes. Turn out, remove paper and cool on wire rack.
Entering this class? you may also like to try Class 71 Cranberry and Oatcake Cookies