Why not try your hand at our Macaroon baking challenge?
Class 71 is all about your baking skill as everyone starts from the same ingredients and recipe.
2 egg whites
100g/4oz ground almonds
100g/4oz caster sugar
10 blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC/350 oF Gas Mark 4.
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then gradually whisk in the sugar, a little
at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag. Pipe small rounds on to the baking
tray about 5cm/2in in diameter, spacing them slightly apart, Press a blanched almond into the top of each one.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until just firm, Leave on paper to cool.
Entering this class? you may also like to try Class 68 Semi Rich Fruit Cake