Why not try your hand at our Cookie baking challenge?
Class 71 is all about your baking skill as everyone starts from the same ingredients and recipe.
- 150g dried Cranberries
- 140g salted Butter, cubed
- 100g large rolled Oats
- ½ tsp ground Cinnamon
- 5g Pecans, roughly smashed
- 2tbsp Orange Juice
- 175g Self-raising Flour
- 175g light Muscovado Sugar
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 large Egg
You will also need:
- 2 large baking trays lined with parchment paper
- Heat the oven to 180C/Gas4. Soak the cranberries in a bowl with the orange juice. In a large bowl use your hands to rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats, sugar, spices & nuts and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre & add the egg, cranberries & orange juice. Bring together to make a sticky dough.
- Spoon 14 balls of dough, all the same size, & place well apart on in the baking trays, pressing down to flatten to about 1 cm. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown, then transfer to a Rack & leave to cool.
Entering this class? you may also like to try Class 68 Semi Rich Fruit Cake