Why not try your hand at making this tasty fudge?
Class 70 is all about your baking skill as everyone starts from the same ingredients and recipe.
This is an easy method of making fudge and takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, but you will have to stay with it and stir as it catches very easily.
If you do not have a thermometer, drop a little fudge in cold water. If it forms a soft ball between the finger and thumb, grab it off the stove quickly and start beating!
- 4oz (100g) unsalted Butter
- 1 x 14oz (400g) tin of full cream sweetened condensed mik
- 1 lb (450g) demerara sugar
- Melt the butter and the condensed milk together.
- Add the demererara suguarand cook until the mixture begins to candy. This should be at about 239°F (115°C).
- Remove from the heat and beat very well.
- Pour into a buttered tin and cut into squares before it gets cold.
From Ruth Mott’s Favourite Recipies © by kind permission of Bertha Bates.
Entering this class? you may also like to try Class 68 Semi Rich Fruit Cake